Pictured: 2018 HR Florida Graduate Champions from Florida International University
HR Florida is pleased to announce its 2019 Student Games – Case Competition, to be held on October 5 at the Saddlebrook Resort & Spa.
In this “realistic job preview” competition, team members will leverage knowledge acquired through their studies and apply it to a realistic HR situation likely to be encountered in the work world. This competition requires integrated HR thinking, ethical decision-making, and strong communications and presentation skills.
Teams will be provided with a business case study approximately 21 days before the event. Each team will analyze the case study and come up with a solution, preparing both a written executive summary and PowerPoint slides to be used for a 15-minute oral presentation at the onsite competition. Teams will compete by delivering their 15-minute presentation to a panel of judges and answering additional questions the judges deem relevant to ask.
Two levels of competitions will be held – an undergraduate and a graduate division. Prizes will be awarded to the top team of each division.
- All competing team members must be current SHRM student members with active memberships at the time they register.
- All competing team members must be active students at their college/university.
- All team members must register as Case Competition attendees to be eligible to compete.
- Each school may have only one team per division compete.
- Any team that registers after capacity has been reached will automatically be placed on a waitlist. If a slot opens, the team captain will be notified. Waitlisted teams will be invited to compete in the order in which they registered.
- Division I: Each team is made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of six undergraduate students who have not graduated.
- Division II: Each team is made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of six graduate students at the Master’s level.
- HR Florida will reimburse up to 6 students per team for:
- 1 hotel night (double occupancy)
- 1 additional night if one-way travel is over 175 miles
- Travel to/from the event (air, mileage or rental car)
- 1 reasonable meal each way while traveling ($25 max- with receipt) if one-way travel is over 175 miles.
Deadline for student chapters to register is September 14. A minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 6 students may participate on each team. To register, go to www.hrflorida.org/events and click on “Register” for the 2019 HR Florida Student Games Chapter Registration October 5, 2019.